2-16. PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT - cont.
(1) Open TRICONs. Refer to the applicable TM.
To prevent build up of explosive fuel vapors and toxic chemical vapors, do not pack 125 gpm
pumps, hypochlorination units or 600 gpm pumps in TRICONs.
(2) Pack water system components into tricons. If possible, keep similar components stowed
together. For example, pack all 6-inch discharge hoses together, then all the 4-inch gate valves,
2-inch discharge hoses and so on until all components are stowed.
(3) Close tricon containers Refer to TM55-8145-200-13&P.
(4) Prepare hypochlorination units for movement.
(5) Prepare 125 gpm pumps for movement.
(6) Prepare 600 gpm pumps for movement.
(7) Stack flaking boxes. Do not exceed four boxes per stack.