4-27. PRESSURE REGULATING VALVE REPAIR - cont.
(31) Position bracket (6) on top of pressure regulating valve (9) as shown.
(32) Install bracket (6), two flat washers (5) and bolts (4) into top of pressure regulating valve (9).
(33) Install two flat washers (3), bolts (2) and nuts (1) through frame (10) and bracket (6).
(34) Repeat steps (1) and (2) for bracket (6) on other side of pressure regulating valve (9).
(35) Tighten eight nuts (3, figure 4-19) on cover. Tighten nuts evenly in a cross pattern.
(36) Remove eyebolt (8, figure 4-22) from top of pressure regulating valve (9) and install plug (7).
(37) Install pressure regulating valve in water system (para 3-4).
(38) Startup water system (para 2-13c) and check pressure regulating valve for leaks.
4-28. SUCTION HOSE (6-INCH) REPAIR.
For repair of the 6-inch suction hose, refer to para 4-17.
4-29. Y-CONNECTOR REPAIR.
This task consist of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, App B)
Detergent, General Purpose (Item 1, App E)
Pipe Wrench (Item 2, App B)
Wiping Rag (Item 2, App E)
Vice (Item 2, App B)
Lubricant (Item 3, App E)
Tape, Anti-seize (Item 4, App E)
Y-connector removed (para 3-4a)
Gasket, Coupling Clamp (2) (Item 3, App I)
Gasket, Coupling Clamp (Item 5, App I)
Gasket (2) (Item 1, App I)
Ensure that all parts identified as mandatory replacement parts are discarded and replaced
with new components.
To remove and install coupling clamps, refer to para 2-11.