2-11. ASSEMBLY AND PREPARATION FOR USE - cont.
Install Pressure Reducing Valve. Refer to figure 2-23 Installation of the pressure reducing
valve in the hoseline must be determined by reviewing the site survey and 600 gpm pump
performance data (refer to applicable TM). The valve is installed when pressure at a certain
point in the hoseline is expected to exceed 225 psi. If the hoseline crosses over a steep hill or
ridge, a pressure reducing valve is normally required on the downhill side of the hoseline route.
Refer to para 2-11e to remove and install coupling clamps.
(1) Locate hoseline coupling clamp nearest to pressure reducing valve installation point.
(2) Remove coupling clamp (3) and open hoseline at two 6-inch x 500 feet discharge hoses (4
(3) Connect pressure relief valve (2) to inlet side of pressure reducing valve (7) with coupling
(4) Connect upline 6 inch x 500 feet discharge hose (4) to pressure relief valve (2) with
coupling clamp (3).
(5) Connect downline 6 inch x 500 feet discharge hose (6) to pressure reducing valve (7) with
coupling clamp (5).
(6) Set isolation valves to open position (para 2-6).
Figure 2-23. Pressure Reducing Valve Installation