2-13. OPERATING PROCEDURES- cont.
(4) Open air vent petcock on 600 gpm pump at all boost pumping stations (refer to the applicable TM)
Air trapped in hoseline must be vented as water moves downline to the boost pumps.
Lead pump must be operated in manual mode to prevent pressure variations and erratic
operation of downline boost pumps
(5) Start and operate 600 gpm pump at the lead pumping station (refer to applicable TM). Pump must
be operated in manual mode
(6) Watch hose for visual indication of approaching water at boost pumping station no 1. When air has
vented and water flows from petcock, close petcock (refer to applicable TM).
(7) Start and operate 600 gpm pump at boost pumping station no. 1 (refer to applicable TM). Boost
pump may be operated in either manual or electric modes.
(8) Repeat steps (6) and (7) for boost pumping stations no. 2, no. 3 and no. 4.
To prevent injury to personnel and damage to the equipment, allow pumping stations to operate
until dirt, sand and contaminants are flushed from system components before filling storage
assemblies or connecting to water storage and distribution systems
(9) Allow all pumps to operate until hoseline has been filled with water and contaminants are flushed
from hoses, pumps and components.
(10)When flushing is complete, shutdown 600 gpm pumps beginning with boost pumping station no
4, then boost pumping station no 3, no 2 and no 1 (refer to applicable TM). As each pump is
shutdown, close suction valves B2 and discharge valves B3.
(11)Shutdown 600 gpm pump at lead pumping station (refer to applicable TM).
Close suction valve L1 and discharge valve L2.
Reconnect hoseline to water storage and distribution system.