2-15. OPERATING AUXILIARY EQUIIMENT- cont.
20K Collapsible Fabric Tanks Instructions for operating the 20,000 gallon collapsible fabric tanks are
contained in the applicable TM.
Chemicals used for operating the hypochlorination unit can kill you. The chemicals alone or in
mixture can be dangerous. Always wear protective apron, goggles and gloves, and make sure
area is well ventilated.
Hypochlorination Unit Instructions for operating the hypochlorination units are contained in the
Tricon Instructions for operating the tricons are contained in TM 55-8145-200-13&P.
2-16. PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT.
The TWDS disassembly sequence may be modified to meet your mission requirements.
Disassemble Distribution Points Refer to figure 2-31.
To prevent injury to personnel, all water pumps must be shutdown and water pressure relieved from system
before disconnecting couplings.
To prevent contamination of water system components, keep dirt mud, sand, and debris from entering open
components during disassembly. Make sure protective caps and plugs are Installed as components are
Refer to para 2-1 id to disconnect quick disconnect couplings.
Disassembly of one distribution point is shown, the other is similar.
(1) Disconnect elbow valve (24) from 2 Inch x 20 feet discharge hose (23).
(2) Disconnect 2 inch x 20 feet discharge hose (23) from Y-fitting (20).
(3) Disconnect elbow valve (22) from 2 inch x 20 feet discharge hose (21).
(4) Disconnect 2 inch x 20 feet discharge hose (21) from Y-fitting (20).
(5) Disconnect Y-fitting (20) from 2 inch x 20 feet discharge hose (19).
(6) Disconnect 2 inch x 20 feet discharge hose (19) from 2 inch gate valve assembly (18).
(7) Disconnect 2 inch gate valve assembly (18) from Y-fitting (10).