2-16. PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT - cont.
Hoseline Disassembly and Packing Requirements.
(1) Disassembly of the 10-mile hoseline segment requires sufficient tools, equipment and personnel
to perform the tasks outlined in the following paragraphs. The displacement and evacuation kit,
and the packing kit will be required to pack hoseline segments in the flaking boxes. If a forklift is
not available, the lifting sling will be required to load, unload, and stack flaking boxes onto the
(2) When flaking boxes are returned to packing site, stack flaking boxes four high.
Purge and Evacuate Hoseline. Components required to perform this procedure are located in the
displacement and evacuation kit.
Begin disconnecting and evacuating hoseline at lead pumping station and proceed downline.
Disconnection and evacuation of one hose segment is shown.
Disconnection and evacuation of remaining hose segments is the same.
Refer to para 2-11e to remove and install coupling clamps.
Purging. Refer to figure 2-35.
(1) Open all butterfly valves at each pumping station.
(2) Position air compressor between hoses (2 and 5).
(3) Remove coupling clamp (1) and disconnect hose (2) from butterfly valve (3) at lead pumping
(4) Remove coupling clamp (4) and disconnect hose (2) from hose (5).
(5) Remove coupling clamp (6) and disconnect hose (5) from swivel (8).
(6) Connect nipple (10) to downline end of hose (2) with coupling clamp (4).
(7) Insert displacement ball (11) into nipple (10).
(8) Connect ball inlet assembly (12) to nipple (10) with quick disconnect coupling clamp (13).
(9) Connect air supply hose (14) to air coupling (15) on ball inlet assembly (12).
At upline end of hose (2), connect 6 inch x 8 inch reducer (16) to hose (2) with coupling clamp