(1) Clean all components with clean water and detergent.
(2) Rinse components in clean water and dry with wiping rag.
(1) Inspect female coupling (2) and dust cap(11) for cracks, corrosion, and damaged locking arms
(3 and 12).
(2) Inspect male coupling (9) and dust plug (14) for cracks and corrosion.
(3) Inspect hose (6) for cuts, tears, punctures, delamination and peeling.
Repair. Replace damaged components. Do not reuse coupling gaskets or strap clamps.
Discharge and Suction Hose Assemblies
(1) Push male coupling (9) and female coupling (2) into hose (6).
(2) Install strap clamp (4) as follows:
Rolls of strapping and clamp seals are supplied in 40K Water Distribution
Cut a piece or strapping (23) 36 inches long
Slide seal (16) onto strapping (23) as shown. Bend end of strapping under seal.
Wrap other end or strapping (23) around hose (22) and through seal (16). Position strapping
on hose about 1 inch from coupling.
Wrap another loop or strapping (23) around hose (22) and through seal (16).
Position strapping (23) in slots of strapping tool (19). Tool nose (20) should fit snug against
Apply pressure to gripper lever(18) and turn handle(17) until strapping (23) is snug. Tool will
lock in place when correct tension is applied. Reposition tool as required.