CHECKING UNIPACKED EQUIPMENT cont.
To prevent injury to personnel and damage to equipment, hoist, crane or similar type equipment
having a minimum lifting capacity of 750 pounds must be used to lift water tank from skid.
(8) Connect ends of two center hoisting straps (10) to hoist, crane or similar type equipment.
(9) Lift water tank (11) from skid (7).
Unpack Water Pumps and Hypochlorination Units.
(1) Locate tricons containing 350 glum pumps.
(2) Using forklift, remove 350 gpm pumps from tricons.
(3) Locate tricons containing hypochlorination units.
(4) Using forklift, remove hypochlorination units from tricons.
(5) Locate tricons containing 125 gpm pumps.
(6) Using two personnel, remove 125 gpm pumps from tricons.
(7) Refer to the applicable TM and unpack 350 gpm pumps.
(8) Refer to the applicable TM and unpack 125 gpm pumps.
(9) Refer to the applicable TM and unpack hypochlorination units.
Checking Unpacked Equipment.
(1) Inspect tricons and 50K water tanks chest stencils, markings and information plates. All items should be
clear and readable.
(2) Inspect the equipment for any damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment has been damaged,
report the damage on SF 364, Report of Discrepancy.
(3) Inspect components to make sure they are in serviceable condition.
(4) Check equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete. Report all discrepancies in
accordance with the instructions of DA Pam 738-750 or DA Pam 738-751 as applicable.
(5) Check to see if the equipment has been modified.