DISCHARGE AND SUCTION HOSE REPAIR - cont
(1) Push male coupling (5, figure 4-2) and female coupling (2) into hose (11).
Strapping and seals are supplied in the accessory kit
(2) Cut a piece of strapping (1, figure 4-3) 36 inches long.
(3) Slide seal (2) onto strapping (1) as shown Bend end of strapping under seal
(4) Wrap other end of strapping (I) around hose (3) and through seal (2) Position strapping on hose about 1 inch
from end of hose.
(5) Wrap another loop of strapping (1) around hose (3) and through seal (2)
(6) Position strapping (1) in slots of clamping tool (4) Tool nose(5) should fit snug against seal (2).
(7) Apply pressure to gripper level (6) and turn handle (7) until strapping (1) is snug. Tool will lock in place when
correct tension is applied Reposition tool as required.
Strapping can damage hose if over tightened-
(8) Turn handle (7) clockwise to tighten strapping (1) Continue turning handle until strapping stops moving
through seal (2)
Strapping may break if operator does not release tension on handle when bending over seal
(9) While reversing handle (7) 3/4 turn, roll tool (4) to opposite side of seal (2). (This will bend strapping and
prevent it from slipping through seal when tool is removed.)
(10) Pull cutting handle (8) on tool to cut strapping (1).
(11) Remove tool (4) while holding strapping stub down on seal (2) with thumb.
(12) Clinch end of strapping (1) by hammering down tabs of seal (2) over strapping stub.
(13) Repeat steps (2) through (12) for three remaining straps (10, 12, and 13). Straps should be 1-inch from end
of hose and 1-inch apart.