GATE VALVE ASSEMBLY(2-INCH) REPAIR - cont.
(1) Inspect valve body (13) for cracks and stripped or damaged threads
(2) Inspect disc (12) for cuts or scratches across sealing surfaces.
(3) Inspect bonnet (10) for cracks and stripped threads.
(4) Inspect stem (11) for stripped, galled or damaged threads
(5) Inspect female coupling (2) for cracks, broken lock arms and damaged threads
(6) Inspect male coupling (3) for cracks and damaged threads.
Repair. Replace all defective parts Do not reuse packing (8) or gasket (1). If disc (12) or valve body (13) is
damaged, replace entire valve.
(1) Screw stem (11) into bottom of bonnet (10).
(2) Install new packing (8) and packing gland (7) over stem (11) and into bonnet (10).
(3) Screw packing nut (6) onto bonnet (10) only finger tight.
(4) Slide disc (12) onto end of stem (l 1).
(5) Lower bonnet (10) and attached parts onto valve body (13). Make sure disc (12) fits in valve body seat
(6) Install bonnet ring (9) on valve body (13). Tighten packing nut (7).
(7) Install hand wheel (5) and handwheel nut (4) on stem (I l).
Ensure gasket is fully seated in groove of coupling.
(8) Install gasket (1) in female coupling (2)
Ensure that anti-seize tape is applied in the same direction as the treads.
(9) Apply anti-seize tape to threads of female coupler (2). Using pipe wrench, screw coupler into valve body
(10) Apply anti-seize tape to threads of male coupler (3). Using pipe wrench, screw coupler (3) into valve body
(11) Install gate valve assembly in water system (para 3-4a).