CHECK VALVE (2-lNCH) REPAIR.
This task consists of
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, App B)
Detergent, General Purpose (Item 1, App E)
Pipe Wrench (from accessory kit)
Wiping Rag (Item 2, App E)
Vice (Item 2, App B)
Tape, Anti-seize (Item 3, Appendix E)
Gasket (2) (Item 3, App I)
Check valve assembly removed (para 3-4a)
Ensure that all parts identified as mandatory replacement parts are discarded and replaced with
Disassembly. Refer to figure 4-30.
(1) Place check valve assembly in vice.
(2) Using pipe wrench, remove male coupling (1) from assembled valve (4).
(3) Remove gasket (2) from female coupling (3).
(4) Using pipe wrench, unscrew female coupling (3) from assembled valve (4).
(5) Using pipe wrench, remove cap (5) from body (11).
(6) Remove plug (6) body (11).
(7) Pull pin (7) out from body (11) and lift out lever (10) and attached parts.
(8) Remove nut (8) and separate disc (9) front lever (10).
(1) Wash all components with clean water and detergent.
(2) Rinse components in clean water and dry with wiping rag.