(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
Sections II and III.
ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in adjacent figure number column.
FIGURE AND ITEM NUMBER INDEX.
(1) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
Section II and III.
(2) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the item.
(4) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Governmental Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric
code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the
(5) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the
item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection require-
ments to identify an item or range of items.
F-5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column
heading. Usable on codes are shown as UOC . . . ... in the Description Column (justified left) on the last
line applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
F-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
When National Stock Number or Part Number Is NOT known.
First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which
the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subas-
sembly groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number
noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number Is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
Stock Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence (see c--4a (1)). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending al-
phanumeric sequence (see c-4.b). Both indexes crossreference you to the illustration figure
and item number of the item you are looking for.