(2) Clean all metallic parts with a clean soft cloth or a medium bristle brush, and cleaning solvent. Be sure that
all gasket adhesive residue is removed if gasket material is being replaced.
(3) Allow parts to dry.
c. Inspection. Inspect all metal parts for cracks, corrosion, or broken fittings.
Repair. Repair is limited to replacement of the parts found defective during inspection.
(1) Install new gasket material (5), if removed. Refer to Appendix G for manufacturing instructions.
(2) Install handle assembly (2) onto handle mounting plate (3).
(3) Insert fourteen new rivets (1) into mounting holes of handle assembly (2) and install rivets.
(4) Repeat steps (2) and (3) for other three handles assemblies (2) as required.
Figure 4-1. Top Cover Assembly Repair.