SIDE PANEL ASSEMBLY REPAIR.
This Task Covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Appendix B, Item 1)
Drill, Hand, Portable (Appendix B, Item 2)
Riveter, Blind, Hand (Appendix B, Item 3)
Cloth, Lint-Free (Appendix F, Item 1)
Brush, Medium Bristle (Appendix F, Item 2)
Solvent, Dry Cleaning (Appendix F, Item 3)
Rivets (Appendix I, Item 3)
Adhesive (Appendix F, Item 5)
Side panel assembly removed from tank storage chest (see paragraph 2-8)
Document pouch removed from side panel (see paragraph 4-11).
a. Disassembly. (Refer to Figure 4-4.)
(1) Remove cotter pin (1), washer (2), pin (3), and drawbolt (4) from latch assembly (5).
(2) Squeeze ends of latch assembly handle (6) together and remove latch assembly handle from side panel as-
(3) Repeat steps (1) and (2) for other latch assemblies as required.
(4) Drill out eight rivets (8) and remove four turnlock receptacles (9) from side panel assembly (7) Discard rivets.
(5) Remove spring pin (10) and pin (11) from side panel assembly (7)
(6) Repeat step (5) for other pins (11) as required
(7) Remove four snap fasteners (12) from side panel assembly (7).
(8) Remove all gasket material (13), if defective, from side panel assembly (7). Discard gasket material.
(9) Remove four bumpers (14) from side panel assembly (7)