Remove all build up of dirt, oil, and debris from all surfaces.
Serious injury can result in breathing fumes of dry cleaning solvent A-A-711. Serious injury or
death can result from explosion of fumes from solvent When using this solvent:
Clean parts in a well ventilated area.
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and prolonged exposure of
kin to cleaning solvent Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of
solvent is 100° F to 138° F (38 C to 59° C)
Wear eye protection when blowing solvent from parts. Air pres-
sure should not exceed 30 psig (2.1 kg/cm2).
(2) Clean all metallic parts with a clean soft cloth or a medium bristle brush, and cleaning solvent.
(3) Allow parts to dry.
(1) Inspect all metal parts for cracks, corrosion, or broken fittings.
(2) Check identification plate for readability.
(3) Inspect skid for broken welds or broken material If welds are broken or material is cracked, notify direct sup-
d. Repair. Repair is limited to replacement of parts found defective during inspection.
(1) Apply adhesive to four bumpers (18) and install bumpers onto skid (7).
(2) Install identification plate (17) and four new rivets (16) onto skid (7).
Steps (3) through (7) are for the installation of one cargo tie down ring assembly and one locking
pin assembly. Repeat steps as required for additional cargo rings and locking pins
(3) Install two new lock nuts (14), two flat washers (13), and two cap screws (12) onto skid (7).
(4) Install cargo tie down ring (10) into nut plate (11).
(5) Install new rivet (8) and spring clip (9) onto outer latch bracket (4).
(6) Place inner latch bracket (5), locking pin (6), and outer latch bracket (4) onto skid (7).