b. Fabrication Instructions. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk Material Func-
tional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the description column of the line
item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for items source codes to be
manufactured or fabricated (if any) are found in Appendix G of this technical manual.
c. Assembly Instructions. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled from compo-
nent spare/repair parts are found in the repair sections of this technical manual. Items that make up the assembly are
listed immediately following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
d. Kits. Line item entries for repair parts kits appear in a group in Section II (see table of contents).
e. Index Numbers. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index number shown in the
item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part Number Index
and the bulk material list in Section II.
f. Associated Publications. The publication(s) listed below pertain to Water Tank Storage Chest and its compo-
HOW TO LOCATE SPARE PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and sub-assembly groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock Number
or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see 4.a(1)). The part num-
bers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see 4.b). Both indexes cross-reference
you to the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then locate
the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
ABBREVIATIONS. All abbreviations used in this manual are listed in MILSTD-12.
C-8 / C-9 BLANK)