Do not exceed the noted capacity of the tank when filling. If a metering
gauge is not available at the time of filling, do not exceed the specified
maximum filled tank height. The water tank will burst if it becomes
overfilled, causing damage to equipment.
8. Close the gate or ball valve when the tank is full.
9. Deactivate the water source.
10. Disconnect the water source from the gate or ball valve.
INITIAL ADJUSTMENTS AND ROUTINE CHECKS
1. Check for leaks.
2. If the tank is cut or punctured during any phase of operation, refer to WP 0006 00 for emergency
3. Tighten any loose components. Refer to WP 0008 00 for operator troubleshooting procedures.
DISCHARGING THE TANK
1. Inspect the water tank to verify that the tank is set up correctly.
Use the female/male discharge elbow for this operation.
2. Verify the drain ball valve (2) is closed.
3. Verify the vent fitting assembly mushroom type vent cap (1) is not stuck in a closed position.
4. Attach an emptying source (water distribution system discharge water pump) to the gate or ball valve.
5. If the gate valve (3) is installed on the discharge elbow (5), open the gate valve. If a ball valve is
installed on the elbow, open the ball valve.
Do not exceed specified
maximum full tank height