PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT
Draining, Disassembly and Exterior Tank Cleaning
1. Relieve any hose pressure.
Four personnel are required to handle and fold a 20K water tank during draining
and disassembly. Five personnel are required to handle the 50K water tank.
2. Open the drain hose assembly ball valve and drain all water from tank.
Use of the gate or ball valve is optional and only used as required.
3. Pull the cam lock arms out from filler elbow coupling to release and disconnect gate or ball valve.
Turn handle to open gate or ball valve and drain. Install the dust cap and plug on gate or ball valve.
4. Remove the filler elbow coupling by opening the cam locks. Install dust cap on tank filler coupling.
5. Disconnect the water suction hose from the discharge elbow.
6. Remove the discharge elbow by opening the cam locks. Install the dust cap on tank discharge
7. Drain any remaining water from tank by rolling water tank edges towards the center while squeezing
water towards drain.
8. Open cam locks and remove the vent fitting assembly.
9. Install the vent fitting assembly dust cap(s).
10. Lift tank end and locate drain fitting.
11. Disconnect the drain hose assembly from the drain fitting.
12. Install the drain plug in the drain fitting after thoroughly drying the tank.
13. Clean the outside surface of the tank with a mild detergent (Item 2, WP 0039 00) and warm water
solution and rinse thoroughly with clean water. Allow the exterior of the tank to dry completely.
Cleaning Tank Interior
1. The tank interior requires little cleaning and should only be cleaned if required.
If the tank, which requires interior cleaning, is part of a water distribution system,
close and disconnect all distribution links.
2. Fill the tank with approximately 150 gallons of detergent (Item 2, WP 0039 00) and water solution.
3. Close off all openings and splash the detergent solution back and forth by alternately pulling the ends
of the tank over the top of the tank.