(3) Inspect front
broken or missing
evidence of binding.
(4) Inspect front
and rear swivel plates for
shackles or D-rings and
and rear closure rings to
determine if they are cracked or have any loose or
(5) Inspect front closure plate for missing
pipe plug or stripped threads.
(6) Inspect check valve assembly adapter for
stripped threads, broken chain, loose or missing
dust cap gasket, and corroded parts.
(7) Inspect coupler valve assembly (4, fig. 4-5)
for loose or missing gaskets, corroded or stuck
valve, and cracked or missing parts.
b. Towing and Lifting Yoke. Inspect towing and
lifting yoke (fig, 3-9) for bent, cracked, and missing
C h a n g e 1 0
c. Tiedown Kit.
(1) Inspect front, intermediate and rear chain
assemblies (fig. 3-10) for bent or broken links and
hooks, and for missing covers.
(2) Inspect bracket for bent, cracked, and miss-
(3) Inspect load binders for broken or missing
d. Repair Kits.
(1) Inspect pouch (2, fig, 3-5) for rips, dirt, and
broken or missing snap fasteners.
(2) Inspect pliers (1) and rotary cutter (6) for
cracked, worn, and corroded parts.
(3) Inspect wood plugs (6) to determine if they
are cracked or have broken points.