Figure 4-2. Fuel Drum Setup for Filling
Section II. MOVEMENT TO A NEW WORKSITE
4-4. Transporting the Filled Drum by Cargo Truck
Do not tow drums over sharp objects or
rough terrain. Towing speed should not
exceed 10 mph (16 km/hr).
a. Towing Drum. A filled drum may be moved
short distances, at a speed not to exceed 10 mph
(16 km/hr), by towing with the towing and lifting
yoke as shown in figure 4-3.
(1) Unfold the towing and lifting yoke and con-
nect the two braces.
(2) Install the screws in the braces.
(3) Place the shackles in the slots in the end of
each connecting leg and install each quick release
pin in each connecting leg.
(4) Connect the towing and lifting yoke to the
cargo truck pintle hook.
(5) When the drum has been towed to the new
location, remove the towing and lifting yoke as
(a) Disconnect towing and lifting yoke from
the cargo truck pintle hook.
(b) Remove the quick release pin from each
connecting leg and pull the shackles from the slots.
(c) Remove the screws from the braces.
(d) Separate the two braces and fold the tow-
ing and lifting yoke.
4 - 4