Figure 4-10. Pressure Control Diaphragm Valve, Exploded View
(8) Remove the preformed packings (7) from
the cycling valve stem.
(9) Remove the setscrew (5) from the button,
and remove the button from the cycling valve
(10) Repeat the procedures in (1) thru (9) above
to remove and disassemble the remaining cycling
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Wash all metal parts in a hot, mild soap and
water solution and dry them with a clean cloth.
(2) Inspect the ring, valve body, washer, cycl-
ing valve stem, and button to determine if they are
chipped or burred. Be certain the threads on the
setscrew, and in the button and cycling valve stem
are not stripped.
(3) Inspect the spring to determine if it is
broken or collapsed.
(4) Inspect the cover to determine if it is cut or
(5) Replace all preformed packings and retain-
(6) Replace all other unserviceable parts with
serviceable parts as authorized.
(7) To clean, inspect and repair the remaining
cycling valve assembly, follow the procedures in
(1) thru (6) above.