c. Reassembly and Installation.
Apply a light coat of petroleum jelly to
all preformed packings and other con-
(1) Install preformed packings (7, fig. 4-11) on
the cycling valve stem (6) and preformed packings
(11) on body (12).
(2) Install retaining ring (10) on the valve body
with the convex side towards the washer (9).
(3) Place the button (4) on the cycling valve
stem (6) and align the hole in the button with the
hole in the cycling valve stem.
(4) Install the setscrew (5) in the button and
cycling valve stem.
(5) Place the spring (8), washer (9) and valve
body (12) on the cycling valve stem.
(6) Hold the valve body, and apply pressure on
the spring with the washer until the valve body is
on the cycling valve stem.
(7) Install retaining ring (13) on the cycling
valve stem to hold the valve body in place.
Do not apply any excess pressure on the
cycling valve while installing it as this
action could damage the exposed
(8) Place the cycling valve in the pressure con-
trol, and align the holes in the washer.