TM 10-8110-202-13 & P
Table 5-1. Direct Support Maintenance Troubleshooting
M A L F U N C T I ON
TEST OR INSPECTION
1. LIQUID HAS UNUSUAL ODOR; DRUM HAS UNUSUAL ODOR
The drum is authorized to be filled only with
drinking water. Use of the drum for any
other liquid may cause sickness or death of
If it has been determined during PMCS (Table 2-1) that the drum has been
used with any liquid other than drinking water, or if it is suspected that
the drinking water may be contaminated, empty contents of drum.
Repair and clean coupler valve, adapter assembly, and drum (para
5-4, 5-6, and 5-8).
2. DRINKING WATER IS LEAKING FROM OR AROUND COUPLER VALVE
Locate source of coupler
valve (1) leak.
a. Water leaks from coupler valve-to-adapter assembly connection.
1. Make sure coupler valve (1) is properly locked and installed in place.
2. If leakage continues, remove coupler valve from adapter assembly (2).
If water is leaking from adapter assembly, overhaul adapter assembly.
3. If adapter assembly is not leaking replace gasket (3) on coupler valve (1).
Reinstall coupler valve onto adapter assembly (2).
4. If leakage continues, repair coupler valve (1) (para 5-6).