HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
When National Stock Numbers or Part Numbers are NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are divided into
the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number noted on the
When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the of National Stock Number and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock Number or
Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see c-4a.(1)). The part numbers
in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see paragraph c-4.b). Both indexes cross-
reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are looking for, then
locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
ABBREVIATIONS. Abbreviations used in this manual are listed in MIL-STD-12.