c. To solve this problem, arc weld a piece of steel angle 1/4 X 2 X 2 X 14 1/4 in. (0.64 X 5.08 X 5.08 X
36.20 cm) to the ladder. Arc weld the angle to the ladder
(see Figure 5-3).
Figure 5-3. Ladder Modification.
Section VII. BODY MAINTENANCE
5-14. TOOLBOX REPAIR.
The only parts maintained in the toolbox are the nozzle fixtures. They are attached to the toolbox with a screw, nut,
and lockwasher. If they become damaged, replace them (see Appendix F, Figure 35). If replacing them, discard
lockwashers and use new lockwashers for installation.
Section VIII. AUXILIARY GENERATORS AND ENGINE AND CONTROLS MAINTENANCE
5-15. CYLINDER HEAD MAINTENANCE.
a. Cylinder Head Removal (See Appendix E Figures 49, 50, 55, and 57).
(1) Remove engine and engine components (see paragraph 4-40).
(2) Disconnect fuel lines from injector nozzles and remove nozzles from cylinder head (see paragraph 5-
(3) Disconnect breather tube (10, Appendix F, Figure 55) and remove cover (4) and gasket (8). Discard gasket.
(4) Remove water connector (9, Appendix F, Figure 50), gasket (8) and thermostat (5). Discard gasket.
(5) Disconnect oil feed tube (20, Appendix F, Figure 57) from cylinder head.
(6) Remove rocker shaft assembly from cylinder head (see Figure 54).