(4) Remove the cotter pin (5, Figure 5-49) from the
end of housing (1) and withdraw the spring cap
(4), spring (3), and plunger (2). Discard cotter
(5) Thoroughly clean the parts, inspect for wear or
damage, and replace if necessary.
Figure 5-49. Oil Pump Pressure Relief Valve.
i. Oil Pump Pressure Relief Valve Installation (see Figure 5-49).
(1) Install the plunger (2), spring (3), and spring cap (4), and secure with new cotter pin (5).
(2) Install end cover assembly with four securing setscrews.
(3) Install the oil pump (see g above).
5-22. INJECTOR PUMP AND NOZZLE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT.
Removal (See Appendix E Figure 64).
(1) Disconnect the throttle controls from injector pump (see paragraph 4-48).
(2) Disconnect fuel feed lines from injector pump and secondary fuel filter (see Figure 4-14).
(3) Disconnect and tag high pressure fuel pipes (10, 28, 29, and 23, Appendix F, Figure 64) from injector
pump (15) and nozzle assemblies (24).
(4) Remove injector pump (15) and throttle seal (18) from engine. Discard throttle seal.
(5) Disconnect return lines and return line manifold (6) from nozzle assemblies (24).
(6) Remove nozzle assemblies (24) from cylinder head.
Installation (See Appendix E Figure 64).
(1) Attach nozzle assemblies (24) to cylinder head.
(2) Attach injector pump (15) and new throttle seal (18) to engine.
(3) Attach return line manifold (62 and return lines to nozzle assemblies (24).
(4) Attach high pressure fuel pipes (10, 28, 29, and 23) to pump (15) and nozzle assemblies (24).
(5) Connect fuel feed lines to the injector pump and the secondary fuel filter (see Figure 4-13).
(6) Connect throttle controls to the injector pump (see paragraph 4-48).
(7) Prime fuel system (see c below).
Priming Fuel System.
· Do not attempt to start the engine before filling and priming the Injector pump.
Serious damage can occur to the Injector pump or the engine.
· Air must be bled from the fuel system whenever any part between the fuel tank
and the Injection pump has been disconnected or when the system has been
emptied of fuel, or damage to equipment may occur.
(1) Refer to paragraph 4-42.
(2) Loosen the vent valve on the governor control housing and the head vent screw (see Figure 5-50).
(3) Operate the hand primer on the fuel pump and fill the injector pump with fuel (see Figure 4-15).