(8) Attach foot valve assembly to adapter nipple (11).
(9) Attach side rack (4) and eye bracket (5) to semitrailer with screws (1), new lockwashers (3), and nuts
(10) Latch hose assembly (9) in side rack (4) and eye bracket (5).
4-34. MOUNTING AUXILIARY CONTROL BOX MOUNTING BRACKETS.
a. M123AIC Mounting Bracket (see Appendix F, Figure 40).
(1) Open rear cab window and place auxiliary control box (2) on assistant driver's seat.
(2) Insert rear lip of mounting bracket (13) in the slot between rear of window frame and front of dash
(3) Position mounting bracket (13) so that it is centered on dash panel and secure with thumbscrews.
(4) Secure auxiliary control box (2) to mounting bracket (13) with spring latches.
b. XM9161XM920 Mounting Bracket (see Appendix F, Figure 40).
(1) Perform step a(1l) for the M123A1C mounting bracket.
(2) Open glove box door and secure mounting bracket (15) to door. The support shelf should face toward
(3) Secure auxiliary control box (2) to mounting bracket (15).
(4) Adjust mounting bracket (15) position so that operator can easily reach auxiliary control box (2).
4-35. REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT OF XM920 ROLLER.
Do not attempt to remove or Install the roller without mechanical support or roller may be damaged.
Removal of the roller is only necessary for cross-country operations.
a. Support roller (see Figure 4-8) with a mechanical device.
b. Remove retaining bolts from each end of shaft.
c. Drive shaft out with drift and remove roller.
d. Remove right and left roller supports and spacers if applicable.
e. To install roller, reverse steps a through d.
Figure 4-8. XM920 Roller.
4-36. AUXILIARY CONTROL BOX REPLACEMENT.
(1) Disconnect power cable from auxiliary control box.
(2) Disconnect and tag air lines from control box.
(3) Unlatch auxiliary control box and remove it from mounting bracket.
(1) Install mounting bracket as necessary.