h. Connect air lines to semitrailer forward bulkhead using procedure in stepf.
i. Prior to connecting power cable (5, Appendix F, Figure 18)), ensure that you are using the proper receptacle.
The light receptacle and auxiliary control box receptacle look the same.
j. Test run the water distributor to ensure that all controls, valves, and gages are operating properly.
k. Install power cable (5) on water distributor mounting bracket when not connected to tractor.
Section XIII. AUXILIARY GENERATORS AND ENGINE AND CONTROLS MAINTENANCE
4-40. ENGINE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT.
a. Removal (see Appendix F, Figure 46).
Support the water distributor plumbing before disconnecting the pump from the
plumbing or the pump could be damaged.
Remove engine assembly with water distributor pump attached.
(1) Disconnect the water water distributor pump from the plumbing at the discharge flange and the butterfly
valve (see Figure 2-5).
(2) Disconnect battery power cable from engine cowling (see Figure 4-10).
Figure 4-10- Power Line Connector
(3) Disconnect battery cables.
(4) Tag and disconnect air lines (see Figure 4-4).
(5) Tag and disconnect necessary wires.
(6) Disconnect fuel return line from no. 1 injector nozzle and fuel tank. Disconnect the fuel line from the
water trap and the fuel pump (see Figure 4-11). Stop fuel flow from water trap.
Figure 4-11-Water Trap
(7) Attach lifting equipment to lifting eyes of engine assembly.
(8) Remove screws (1, Appendix F, Figure 46), nuts (2), and lockwashers (3). Discard lockwashers.