OPENING PRESSURE ADJUSTMENT
10. 5P4813 Socket
6. Turn pressure adjustment screw (3) clockwise until
the valve opening pressure is within specifications.
2400 to 2600 psi
(16545 to 17690 kPa)
NOTE: If nozzle can not be adjusted to specifications,
make a replacement of the nozzle.
1. Fuel Injection nozzle. 9. 8H8505 Combination
Wrench. 10. 5P4813 Socket.
7. Hold pressure adjustment screw (3) and tighten
locknut (2) just enough so that pressure adjustment
screw (3) will not turn.
8. After the opening pressure adjustment is made,
install locknut (5) that holds lift adjustment screw
(6). Make the valve lift adjustment. See VALVE
Valve Lift Adjustment
1. With the valve opening pressure correct, pump test
oil through the fuel injection nozzle. At the same
time, hold locknut (5) and slowly turn lift adjustment
screw (6) clockwise until the pressure starts to
increase above the opening pressure.
To be sure the valve is on the seat, increase the
pressure 200 to 500 psi (1380 to 3450 kPa) more than
the opening pressure.
Do not bend the valve or damage the seat by
turning lift adjustment screw (6) with too much
NOTE: Some test oil can be at the tip of the fuel
injection nozzle, but a constant flow of drops (dribble)
must not be seen.
1. Fuel Injection nozzle. 7. 8H8502 Combination
Wrench. 8. 5/64" Hex Wrench.
3. Turn lift adjustment screw (6) counterclockwise 3/4
+ 1/8 of a turn.
4. Hold lift adjustment screw (6) with 5/64" hex wrench
(8) and tighten locknut (5) just enough so that lift
adjustment screw (6) will not turn.
Tightening Locknuts and Cap
1. Remove fuel injection nozzle (1) from 5P4150
Nozzle Tester and put it in 8S2250 Nozzle Holding