1. Fuel Injection nozzle. 2. Locknut (for pressure
adjustment screw). 3. Pressure adjustment screw.
4. 1H1023 O-ring Seal for cap. 5. Locknut (for lift
adjustment screw). 6. Lift adjustment screw.
2. Tighten locknut (2) that holds pressure adjustment
screw (3) to 70 to 80 lb. in. (8.0 to 9.1 Nm).
TIGHTENING PRESSURE SCREW LOCKNUT
11. 8S2274 Socket. P. 8S2250 Nozzle Holding Tool.
3. Tighten locknut (5) that holds lift adjus tment screw
(6) to 35 to 456 lob. In. (4.0 to 5.1 Nm)
TIGHTENING VALVE LIFT SCREW LOCKNUT
12. 8S1589 Socket.
4. Install new 1H1023 O-ring seal (4).
5. Install the cap and tighten to 110 to 120 lb. in.
(12.4 to 13.6 N-m).
Do not tighten the cap more than torque shown
or the new O-ring seal will be damaged.
13. 9S5031 Socket.
With adjustments and tests complete, check for
leakage between the cap and the body of the fuel
injection nozzle. See Cap Leakage Test in section
TESTING 9N3979 PENCIL-TYPE FUEL INJECTION