4. If removed, install the bushing and lip-type seal, with
tooling (B), into the shift lever housing. Install the O-
ring seals on the outside of the housing.
5. Put washer (25) and shift lever housing (19) in
position over the armature shaft. Make sure to align the
marks on the housings made during disassembly.
6. Install the five bolts and tighten them to a torque of
16.3 to 22.0 N-m (12 to 16 Ib. ft.). Install the brake disc
on the armature shaft.
7. Put pinion drive assembly (17) and shift lever
assembly (26) into position on the armature shaft and
into the shift lever housing.
8. Install the O-ring seals on the shift lever pin if they
were removed. Install the pin through the shift lever
housing and shift lever. Install retainer with tool (A)
9. Put plunger assembly (27) into the shift lever. Install
the nut finger tight right now. The plunger assembly will
have to be adjusted for the correct pinion clearance
after the starting motor has been completely assembled.
10. If removed, install the bushing into pinion drive
housing (13) with tooling (B). Install the outside O-ring
11. Put the pinion drive housing assembly into position
on the shift lever housing. Make sure to align the marks
on the housings made during disassembly. Install and
tighten the six bolts to a torque of 23.7 ± 6.1 N m (17 ± 5