DISASSEMBLE ROCKER SHAFTS
remove rocker shafts and push rods
1. Remove bolts (1), locks (2) and the washers from
each end of the rocker shaft.
2. Remove shaft (3) from bracket (4).
3. Remove rocker arm assemblies (7) and the washers
from shaft (3).
4. Remove screw (5) and nut (6) from rocker arm
ASSEMBLE ROCKER SHAFTS
1. Make sure the oil holes in the rocker arm assemblies,
rocker shaft and bracket are clean and free of all dirt
and foreign material.
2. Measure the bore of the bushing in each of the rocker
arms. The bore must be .8603 ± .0008 in. (21.852 ±
0.020 mm). The maximum permissible bore is .8630
in. (21.920 mm).
Make a replacement of the arm and
bushing as a unit if the bore is not
correct. The arms and bushings can
not be ordered separately.
3. Measure the diameter of the shaft at each of the
rocker arm locations. The diameter must be .8580 to
.8588 in. (21.793 to 21.814 mm). The minimum
permissible diameter is .8570 in. (21.768 mm).
4. Install the screws and nuts (2) into rocker arm
assemblies (4). Turn the screws until they are .44 in.
(11.2 mm) below the bottom of the rocker arm
5. Install the rocker arm assemblies and washers (3) on
shaft (1) as shown.