5. Remove tube assemblies (6) and (7) from the
6. Remove nut (8) and move junction block (9) to the
rear of the machine.
Make sure all fuel line openings are
covered to keep dirt and foreign
material out of the fuel system.
7. Remove clamp (l 1) from water sleeves (10) in each
cylinder head. Push the water sleeves into the timing
gear cover with tool (A).
Make sure the fuel injection nozzles
are removed before the cylinder
injection nozzles go through the
cylinder heads and the nozzle tips
can be broken off if the nozzles are
not removed from the heads.
8. Install a locknut on each eyebolt and install two 3/8" x
16 NC and one 7/16" x 14 NC forged eyebolts in the
cylinder head as shown.
9. Fasten a hoist to the cylinder head and remove the
bolts that hold it in position. Remove the cylinder
head and gasket. The weight of the cylinder head is
120 lb. (54 kg).