ASSEMBLE CYLINDER HEADS
Valve Seat Insert
Valve Keeper Inserter
Valve Spring Compressor
1. Clean and remove burrs and all foreign material from
the valve seat bores.
2. Lower the temperature of the valve seat inserts and
install them with tooling (A).
CAUTION: Do not make the diameter
of the extractor (part of tooling A) in
valve seat insert larger when the
insert is installed in the cylinder
3. Grind the valve inserts according to specifications
given in ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS.
4. Put clean engine oil on the valve stem. Install the
valve, washer (3), spring (2) and retainer (1) in the
5. Put the valve spring under compression with tool (C).
6. Install the locks on the valve stem with tool (B).
WARNING: Make sure locks (4) are in
their correct position on the valve.
The locks can be thrown from the
valve when tool (C) is released if the
locks are not in their correct position
on the valve.
7. Remove tool (C) and hit the valve with a rubber
hammer to be sure the locks are in their correct position.
8. Do Steps 4 through 7 for the remainder of the
install cylinder heads