VALVE LIFTERS, OIL PAN
REMOVE AND INSTALL VALVE
1. Remove valve lifters (2) with magnet (1).
2. Put identification on each lifter as to its location in
the engine for installation purposes.
3. Put clean engine oil on the valve lifters and camshaft
4. Install the valve lifters (2) in their original positions in
the cylinder block.
install cylinder heads
REMOVE OIL PAN
remove crankcase guard
1. Drain the oil from the oil pan.
2. Remove bolts (1) that hold oil pan (2) in position and
lower the oil pan from the machine.
3. Remove the oil pan gasket.
INSTALL OIL PAN
1. Put the oil pan gasket in position.
2. Lift oil pan (1) into position and install the bolts to
hold it. Tighten the bolts to a torque of 17 ± - 3 lb.ft.
(23 ± 4 Nm). Fill the engine with clean oil to the correct
install crankcase guard