remove cylinder heads
remove oil pan
1. Remove the carbon from the top inside surface of
the cylinders with tool (A).
2. Turn the crankshaft until two pistons are at bottom
3. Remove connecting rod caps (1) from the two
connecting rods. Put pieces of rubber hose or tape on
the threads of the connecting rod bolts as protection for
4. Push the pistons and connecting rods away from the
crankshaft until the piston rings are above the cylinder
5. Remove the two pistons (2) and the connecting rods.
Keep each connecting rod cap with its respective
connecting rod and piston. Put identification on each
connecting rod as to its location for use at installation.
Do not turn the crankshaft while any
of the connecting rods are in the
engine without the caps installed.
6. Do Steps 2 through 5 for the remainder of the