1. Remove the rings from the piston with tool (A).
2. Remove snap ring (2), pin (1) and connecting rod (3)
from the piston.
Piston Ring Groove Cleaner
1. Install connecting rod (1) in the piston with boss (2)
on the same side as the hole (crater) in the top of the
2. Install piston pin (3) and snap ring (4).
3. When old pistons are to be used, clean the piston
grooves with tool (A).
4. Install the spring for the oil ring. Install the oil ring
with tool (B). The gap in the ring must be approximately
180° from the oil ring spring connections.
5. Install the compression ring with tool (B). The side of
the ring that has the identification "TOP" must be toward
the top of the piston. The gaps in the rings must be
approximately 120° apart.
Compression rings that do not have
identification must be installed with
the edge that has bevel toward the
top of the piston.