INPUT TRANSFER GEARS AND TRANSMISSION
SEPARATION OF INPUT TRANSFER GEARS FROM
remove transmission and transfer gears
remove parking brake
1. Fasten a hoist to the transmission and transfer gears.
Put the transmission and transfer gears on wood
blocks as shown. Weight of the transmission and
transfer gears is 1250 lb. (563 kg).
2. Remove bolt (1) and bolts (2).
3. Install two 3/8"-16 NC forged eyebolts in the input
transfer gear housing.
4. Fasten a hoist and remove the input transfer gears.
Weight of the input transfer gears and housing is 140
lb. (63 kg).
CONNECTION OF INPUT TRANSFER GEARS TO
1. Fasten a hoist to the input transfer gear housing.
2. Put the input transfer gears in position on the
transmission and tighten the bolts.
Do not damage the seal ring on the
end of the transmission shaft when
the transfer gears are installed.
install the transmission and transfer gears
install parking brake