1. Install bearing in the rod end and head end of the
cylinders with tooling (B).
2. Use tool (C), if necessary, to install seals (2) and (3)
in the head. Install seal (2) with the lip in as shown.
3. Use tooling (D) to install lip-type seal (1) in the head.
Install the seal with the lip out as shown.
4. Install back-up ring (4) and O-ring seal (5) on the
outside diameter of the head.
NOTE: Put clean oil on the edge of each seal.
circumference. Do not make the seal
any larger than necessary.
5. Put seal assembly (6) in position on tool (E). Make
the seal larger; then release the tension on the seal
assembly. Reposition the seal assembly on tool (E).
Again make the seal assembly larger; then release the
tension on the seal assembly. Make the seal just large
enough to be installed on the piston. Numbers on the
guide bar on the expander assembly correspond with
the piston diameter, and give the correct indication of
the needed size on the moveable block after the tension
is released on the seal assembly.