REMOVE BUTTERFLY VALVE
1. Remove the air cylinder which controls the valve to
2. Loosen the hex bolt (1) that secures the actuator
handle (2) to the butterfly valve shaft.
3. Remove the four capscrews (3), lockwashers (4) and
nuts (5) that secure the butterfly valve (6) to the bracket
4. Remove the four capscrews (8), lockwashers (9) and
nuts (10) that fasten the two pipe flanges.
5. Remove the butterfly valve.
INSTALL BUTTERFLY VALVE
NOTE: Check pipe flanges carefully before the gasket
is installed. Remove all nicks, burrs, scratches and any
other surface damage.
1. Rotate the valve disc (1) to a semi-closed position.
2. Separate the pipe flanges (2) enough for insertion of
the valve (there should be no contact between flanges
and valve disc (1) or rubber seat (3)).
3. Install the four flange capscrews (4).
4. Loosely install the four flange lockwashers (5) and
5. Check that the pipe flanges and butterfly valve are
aligned correctly (not cocked).
6. Rotate the valve disc to a fully-opened position (7).
7. Tighten the four flange capscrews (4) in an
8. Secure the butterfly valve to the bracket with the four
capscrews, washers and nuts.
9. Install the actuator handle on the butterfly valve shaft
and tighten the hex bolt.
10. Install the air cylinder.