4. Put tape around the threads of steering knuckle to
give protection to the threads when the steer wheel is
5. Remove. steer wheel (5) with two persons.-Weight
of the steer wheel is 54.4 kg (120 lb.).
Be extra careful not to cause damage to the threads
on the steering knuckle.
6. Remove inner bearing cone (6) with the seal from the
7. Make an inspection of the inner and outer bearing
cups (7). If a replacement of the bearing cups is
necessary, remove the bearing cups from the hub.
Install Wheel Bearings
1P520 Driver Group
5P4756 Spanner Wrench
1. If the bearing cups were removed from the hub,
lower the temperature of the cups and use tool group (A)
to install them in the hub.