2. Put tape around the threads of the steering knuckle
to give protection to the threads when the steering wheel
3. Put (pack) GAA Multipurpose Grease in the inner
and outer bearing cones.
4. Install inner bearing cone and seal (1) on the steering
5. Use two persons and install steer wheel (2) on the
6. Remove the tape from the threads on steering
7. Install outer bearing (3) on the steering knuckle.
8. Install washer (4) and locking washer (5) on the
9. Install the nut on the end of the knuckle. Use tool (B)
to tighten the nut slowly to 70 Nm (50 Ib. ft.) while the
wheel is turned. Loosen the nut completely. Tighten it
again to a torque of 50 ± 5 Nm (37 ± 4 Ib. ft.). Bend
one of the tines (tab) of locking washer (5) into one of
the notches in the nut.
10. Put the gasket and cover (6) in position on the hub
and install bolts (7) that hold the cover in place.