(b) Check for free-movement of nozzle on swivel.
b. OPERATING IN EXTREME HEAT 135°F (57.5°C)
Keep pump clean and free of dust. If pump is operated indoors, allow sufficient room around unit for
air circulation and adequate ventilation. Make sure engine exhaust is vented outside.
Inspect shrouding and cooling fins of engine for dust or foreign matter which may restrict airflow.
Lubricate engine in accordance with current lubrication order L0 5-2805-257-12 or
(1) 125-GPM Pump and Engine Assy.
Make sure that inlet air temperature shutter is set for summer operation.
TM 5-2805-257-14 for Model WPSS100 and in accordance with TM 5-4320-309-14 for Model
(2) 500- Gallon Water Drums and Hose Assys.
(a) Keep 500-gallon water drums and hose assys as cool as possible by one of the following methods as
applicable to the location
(1) Erect a tent or tarpaulin over the 500-gallon water drums but do not block the circulation of air.
(2) Place the water drums and hose assys under the shade of trees or cover with leafy branches
(3) Cover the water drums with wet burlap or other fabric, and keep water drums wet when
(3) Nozzle Distribution Assy.
(a) Before attempting to use nozzle, remove any accumulation of dust or foreign substances.
(b) Check for free movement of nozzle on swivel
OPERATING IN DUSTY OR SANDY AREAS.
(1) 125-GPM Pump and Engine Assy
Service air cleaner daily to keep fuel system free from sand and dirt. For Model WPSS100
refer to TM 5-4320-208-12&P and for Model 9095-91 refer to TM 5-4320-309-14.
Strain all fuel before adding to fuel tank. Drain and service fuel filter more frequently than under