ORGANIZATIONAL MAINTENANCE, INSTRUCTIONS
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT
4-1. UNCRATING AND PREPARATION FOR USE .
a. Uncrating Equipment. The FAWPSS is shipped in one wooden crate and contains all components of the
FAWPSS except the 500 gallon water drum assys. Filled water drums weigh 3,767 pounds and require a lifting
device for placement. The FAWPSS (excluding water drums) crated weight is 590 pound and requires a lifting
device for removal from transport vehicle.
Use care when removing hoses to avoid puncturing hoses with sharp
objects such as nails.
(1) Select a level, debris free area for setting up the FAWPSS. In an operational setting the FAWPSS
requires an area approximately 30 feet by 120 feet.
(2) Remove top of wooden shipping crate (figure 4-1). An equipment shipping list is supplied with each
system. Remove equipment shipping bags from shipping containter one at a time.
(3) Inspect the equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment has been damaged,
report the damage on DD Form 6, Packaging improvement Report.
(4) Check the equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete. Report all discrepancies
in accordance with the instructions of DA PAM 738-750.
(5) Check to see whether the equipment has been modified.