4.13 DISCHARGE AND SUCTION HOSE ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE
The following procedures apply to all sizes and lengths of discharge and
suction hoses used in this system.
This task consists of:
Metal Strapping Hand Sealer (from 40K Water Distribution System Accessory Kit)
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive (Appendix B, Sec. III, Item 1)
Vice (Appendix B, Sec. III, Item 2)
Detergent, General Purpose (Item 1, Appendix D)
Rag, Wiping (Item 2, Appendix D)
Determine additional materials required by using the following table.
a. Removal. Disconnect discharge or suction hose assembly from water system (refer to para 2.10 to
Disassemble hoses only to the level required to make repairs.
(1) Disconnect split ring (15) from female coupling (2). Remove dust plug (14).
(2) Disconnect split ring (10) from male coupling (9). Remove dust cap (11).
(3) Remove gasket (13) from dust cap (11).
(4) Remove gasket (1) from female coupling (2).
(5) Cut strap clamps (4 and 5) from hose (6). Pull female coupling (2) from hose.
(6) Cut strap clamps (7 and 8) from hose (6). Pull male coupling (9) from hose.