WATER METER ASSEMBLY REPAIR - cont.
(1) Wash all components with clean water and detergent.
(2) Rinse components in clean water and dry with wiping rag.
(1) Inspect female coupling end (16), male coupling end (19) and adapters (18 and 21) for cracks, stripped
threads, and corrosion.
(2) Inspect body (25) for cracks and corrosion
(3) Inspect metering element (23) for cracks, damage, and corrosion.
Repair. Replace damaged or defective parts Replace all scaling components
Assembly. Refer to figure 4-29.
Ensure packing is fully seated in groove of body.
(1) Position packing (24) in body (25)
(2) Lower metering element (23) onto body (25). Make sure arrow on top of element is pointing in the same
direction as the arrow on the body.
(3) Install ten bolts (22) in metering element (23).
Ensure that anti-seize tape is applied in the same direction as the treads.
(4) If removed, apply anti-seize tape to male threads of nipple (20). Install male coupling end (19) and nipple
(20) on adapter (21).
(5) If removed, apply anti-seize tape to male threads of nipple (17). Install nipple and female coupling end (16)
on adapter (18)
(6) Position gasket (14) and female coupling (13) on meter (15).
(7) Install eight screws (12) and self locking nuts (11).
Ensure gasket is fully seated in groove of coupling.
(8) Install gasket (10) in female coupling (13).
(9) Connect plug (9) to female coupling (13) with ring (8).