WATER METER ASSEMBLY REPAIR - cont.
(10) Position gasket (7) and male coupling (6) on meter (15).
(11) Install eight screws (5) and self locking nuts (4).
Ensure packing is fully seated in groove of cap.
(12) Install gasket (2) in cap (3).
(13) Connect cap (3) to male coupling (9) with ring (1).
(14) Install water meter assembly in water system (para 3-4a).
(15) Startup water system (para 2-12c) and check water meter assembly for leaks.
WATER METER ASSEMBLY REPAIR (MODEL 800KWSDS).
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, App B)
Detergent, General Purpose (Item 1, App E)
Wiping Rag (Item 2, App E)
Water meter assembly removed (para 3-4a)
Gasket (2) (Item 4, App. I)
Gasket, Flange (2) (Item 41, App I)
Gasket, Meter (Item 42, App I)
Self Locking Nut (16) (Item 40, App I)
Ensure that all parts identified as mandatory replacement parts are discarded and replaced with
Disassembly. Refer to figure 4-29.1.
(1) Disconnect ring (1) from female coupling (12) and remove plug (2).
The two screws (5) that attach support bracket (7) to the flange of the water meter are longer
than the other six screws (10) used on the flange.
(2) Remove two self locking nuts (3). flat washers (4), screws (5) and flat washers (6).
(3) Remove support bracket (7) from water meter body (27).
(4) Remove six self locking nuts (8), flat washers (9), screws (10) and flat washers (11).