CHECK VALVE (2-INCH) REPAIR- cont.
(1) Inspect body (11), male coupling (1), cap (5) and plug (6) for cracks, corrosion and stripped or damaged
(2) Inspect female coupling (3) for cracks and damaged locking arms.
(3) Inspect disc (9) for cracks, distortion and scored sealing surface.
Repair. Replace damaged parts Do not reuse sealing components.
(1) Position disc (9) on lever (10) and Secure with nut (8).
(2) Lower lever (10) and attached parts into body (11). Make sure sealing surface of disc (9) is positioned as
(3) While alining hole in lever (10) with hole in body (11), insert pin (7) through body and lever- Make sure pin is
Ensure that anti-seize tape is applied in the same direction as the treads.
(4) Apply anti-seize tape to threads of plug (6) Install plug in body (11).
(5) Apply anti-seize tape to threads of cap (5) Using pipe wrench, install cap (5) on body (11).
(6) Apply anti-seize tape to threads of female coupling (3). Using pipe, screw female coupling into assembled
Ensure gasket is fully seated in groove of coupling.
(7) Install gasket (2) in female coupling (3).
(8) Apply anti-seize tape to threads of male coupling (1). Using pipe wrench, screw male coupling (1) into
assembled valve (4).
(9) Install check valve assembly in water system (para 3-4a).
(10) Startup water system (para 2-12c) and inspect check valve assembly for leaks.