Clean parts In a well ventilated area. Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and pro-
longed exposure of skin to cleaning solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly. Dry
cleaning solvent used to dean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of solvent
is 100°F. (38°C. to 50°C.). Wear eye protection when blowing solvent from parts.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes should not exceed 30 PSI (2.1 kg/
(1) Release cam (8) and raise hinge (13).
(2) Open manhole cover (17) and loosen six nuts (2) so that hooks (5) will drop free of tank rim.
(3) Lift manhole cover from the tank.
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect all parts for breaks, cracks, damaged threads and other damage. Replace defective or
missing gasket. Repair or replace defective parts.
(1) Replace manhole cover on tank.
(2) Position six hooks (5) on tank rim and tighten nuts (2).
(3) Close cover (17), drop hinge (13) into position and lock cam (8).