(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, e.g., Phy Sec C1 (C) -
Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S) -Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T) Top Secret).
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be manufac-
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are shown
on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph C-5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each spe-
cial tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported exceeds density
spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given figure
in both Section II and Section III.
f. Qty (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V.' ap-
pearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from applica-
tion to application.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (Section IV).
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) Stock Number column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN) sequence.
The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN. For example, if the NSN is 5305-01-674-1467 then the set of last
nine digits (01-674-1467) is the NIIN. When using this column to locate an NIIN item, ignore the first four digits of the
NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures
are in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) Item column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG. col-
umn. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric sequence
(i.e. vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in order A
through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).